Our Breast Augmentation Procedure
The treatment should be carried out by an aesthetic or breast surgeon well versed and experienced in the field of breast augmentation surgery for better outcomes. The surgeon will choose 1 of three incisions to do the surgery (see above) so that the scarring will be minimum and not obviously visible.
- Under the arm (axillary)
- Under the nipple (peri-areolar)
- Under the breast (infra-mammary)
The surgeon will place the breast implants either under the chest muscle (sub-muscular) or over the breast tissue (sub-mammary). The surgeon will discuss the type and size of implant with you before the surgery.
After surgery, there will be some fine sutures and the breast will be bandaged to reduce swelling and bleeding. You should be able to return home on the same day or choose to stay overnight at a hospital if required.
Breast Augmentation Aftercare
A good breast augmentation post operative care can make a big difference in the recovery progress and avoid certain complications. As a result, we recommend that our patients follow our particular breast augmentation post-op care guidelines during the first few days following the breast implant surgery to improve their chances of having a smooth recovery, avoiding preventable issues, and attaining the beautiful results they desire from the breast implant surgery.
As the leading plastic surgery clinic in Kuala Lumpur, we provide all of our breast augmentation patients with clear, easy-to-understand post-op instructions so that patients can return to their daily routine swiftly and safely after the breast implants surgery. Our board-certified plastic surgeons would be pleased to answer any questions you have regarding these guidelines. If you have any questions that are not addressed in the breast augmentation post-op care instructions, feel free to ask them during the initial consultation.
Post Operative Care
- Following surgery, it is advisable do as little as possible to reduce swelling or bleeding. It may be difficult and uncomfortable to raise your arms including washing your hair
- Avoid driving during the first week because your reaction time or mobility will be affected. If you are on any strong pain medication, you should avoid driving long distances for the first few weeks because the medicine may make you drowsy and impair your reflexes
- After 7-10 days, you will notice more freedom in the arm movements and you may begin gentle stretching exercises to keep your muscles agile
- Stay out of direct sunlight and artificial UV for around 1 year to prevent sunburn because the skin in this area will be thinner after surgery. Use a sunscreen if necessary
- After the first month, you may begin low impact exercises
A compression non-wired bra may be worn 24 hours a day for a minimum of six weeks after your breast surgery. Depending on the rate at which you heal, a breast augmentation recovery bra may need to be worn after three months. Your surgeon should be able to advise you on the appropriate post-operative care plan.